What is Global Trade & Logistics?
Why Should You Think About Global Trade as a Career?
With more than 95% of the world’s population and 80% of the world’s purchasing power outside of the United States, international trade is vital to the growth of the economy and the creation of jobs. In today’s globalized economy, companies greatly benefit from selling to foreign markets. Their success in global trade largely depends on their ability to accurately and efficiently move goods around the world. Having employees that are well-trained in international business, logistics, and supply chain management is essential to the growth of their business. Obtaining a global mindset and skills will help set you apart – and make you more valuable to prospective employers. Below are some additional reasons to consider trade-related careers:
- According to research by the U.S. Department of Commerce, trade-connected jobs pay approximately 18% more than the national average.
- Growth in trade-related jobs has outpaced total job growth since 2004.
- The U.S. is continually negotiating trade agreements with other countries, which help U.S. companies access new markets and create new jobs.
- Globalization is a dimension of every business and occupation – business, transportation, travel & tourism, engineering, retail, etc.
- International trade is growing much faster than the U.S. economy
- Jobs of the future will require you to know about globalization, work with people from around the world and potentially travel around the world.
Community Colleges in San Diego can help prepare you for high-paying trade-related careers. Check out the resources to the right for more information on trade-related careers, international business programs in the San Diego region, and career-readiness tools. >>